Highland Village Women’s Club provides support and funding for several organizations in Denton County. Examples of donations include backpacks filled with children’s clothing, snacks, books and hygiene products to local outreach programs.
We also donate supplies and lifesaving items to our city offices and the Highland Village Police, Fire and Parks Departments. Below is a list of local charities and outreach programs that received donations from our Club.
- Community Partners of Denton County
- Communities in Schools
- The Cure Starts Now
- Contact Crisis Line
- Children’s Advocacy Center of North Texas
- Day Stay for Adults
- Denton County Friends of the Family
- Giving Hope, Inc.
- Heroes of Denton County
- Humane Society of Lewisville
- Journey To Dream
- Marcus High School
- Metroport Meals on Wheels
- Paws Across Texas
- Pedi Place
- The Salvation Army
- Special Abilities of North Texas
- Special Olympics
- Spirit Horse Therapeutic Riding
- Center Studio B
- Sue Weaver Cause
- UNT Best Buddies
- Wind Foundation for Women
- Your Home Team Cares
- Youth & Family Counseling
- The Highland Village Women’s Club Rose Fund to Help Families in Need
Our primary fundraisers are the annual Poinsettia Plant sale in October, Our Village Glows in December, and the Club’s Christmas silent auction. We also support various other opportunities and community outreach programs during the year.
For Members Only: Fill out only one form to nominate a community outreach program for our annual Gifts of the Heart fund recipient.
Please DO NOT assume that the charities listed above will get funds each year. Charities have to be nominated by our current membership to be considered for the “Gifts of the Heart” grant.